If you or a loved one have suffered from nursing home neglect or abuse in Texas, you need an experienced Texas nursing home attorney on your side. However, with so many attorneys out there, it can be difficult to decide who to choose. Below are some tips on choosing a nursing home neglect attorney in Texas who is right for you.
Traits to look for in your nursing home abuse and neglect attorney
During your initial consultation with a prospective attorney, try to assess whether he or she possesses the following traits:
- Experience – First and foremost, you need an attorney who is experienced in nursing home abuse and neglect litigation. A law firm that dedicates a large portion of its practice to nursing home abuse and neglect cases will usually have the experience you need in order to obtain a successful result.
- Record – The firm you choose to handle your nursing home abuse and neglect case should have a winning track record. You can request this information during your initial consultation with a prospective attorney.
- Knowledgeable – If a law firm fulfills the experience requirement above and has a winning track record in nursing home abuse and neglect cases, then it’s likely that the attorneys working for that firm are knowledgeable in this area of the law.
- References – Law firms should be willing to share references with prospective clients. By speaking with former and current clients, prospective clients can gauge a particular firm’s effectiveness.
- Accessibility – The attorney you select should be accessible and attentive to your legal needs.
- Honesty – If an attorney is willing to share his or her past results with you and provide you with references, this is a good indication of openness and honesty. In addition, an honest attorney will share both the positive and negative aspects of your case with you.
- Transparency – Transparency is important, especially in the area of fees. Make sure you determine upfront how your attorney expects to be paid. For example, some attorneys require payment at the start of a case, while others work on a contingency basis.
Texas Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
If you or a loved one are a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, Adams Law Firm is here to help. At Adams Law Firm, we are prepared to file civil lawsuits against those who abuse or neglect the most vulnerable among us, and we have a strong track record of winning such cases.
We have a well-deserved reputation for providing efficient, responsive, effective representation and for obtaining the highest possible compensation for our clients. If you live in the Woodlands, Houston, Conroe, or surrounding areas and you or a family member have suffered the pain and humiliation of elder neglect or abuse, please contact us as soon as possible for a free initial consultation.
Posted in: Nursing Home Neglect