Following an automobile accident in Texas, it’s imperative that everyone involved file a police report. Police reports contain important details about automobile accidents, including:
- The injuries sustained by accident victims
- The names and addresses of witnesses
- The date, time, and location of the accident
- A description of property damage caused by the accident
- Insurance information
- A description of what caused the accident
Why is it important to file a police report?
Attorneys and insurance companies use police reports to address legal matters and insurance claims. In fact, a police report is often one of the primary documents relied upon to determine issues such as liability, fault, and financial responsibility. Therefore, every car accident victim in Montgomery County should file a police report in order to increase the odds of financial compensation. Of course, filing a police report is just one of several steps that Texas car accident victims should take following a collision. Other important steps to take following a Montgomery County motor vehicle accident include:
- Obtain medical records – Medical records provide key evidence in Texas automobile crash lawsuits. Therefore, all medical records should be obtained following a Montgomery County vehicle accident, as they are extremely useful in demonstrating the extent of an accident victim’s injuries to the court.
- Take pictures of the scene – Whenever possible, car accident victims should try to take or obtain photographs of the scene of the accident. Depending on the circumstances, pictures of the accident scene may be admissible in court.
- Take pictures of any injuries – In addition to taking or obtaining photographs of the accident scene, pictures should also be taken of any injuries suffered as a result of the accident. Similar to photos of the accident scene, photographic evidence of injuries sustained may be admissible in court.
- Gather financial records – All financial records related to the accident should be retrieved and saved, as such records are useful for demonstrating financial loss.
Montgomery County Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
A serious car accident can be a life-changing event. At Adams Law Firm, we understand the negative effects that a motor vehicle accident can have on your life, and we’re dedicated to handling our client’s cases with compassion, sensitivity, and persistence. At Adams Law Firm, our Montgomery County motor vehicle accident attorney has helped countless people obtain compensation who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our Texas car accident attorney has over 35 years of experience trying a wide variety of motor vehicle accidents throughout the state and has been recognized by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as having the legal expertise, knowledge, and trial skills required for doing so. Therefore, if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and are looking to pursue a personal injury claim, please contact our law firm as soon as possible for a consultation.
Posted in: Car Accident