Attorney C. Kelvin Adams
Attorney C. Kelvin Adams is an experienced trial lawyer who focuses his practice on personal injury cases involving serious to catastrophic injuries and death, as well as a wide array of complex business disputes. Kelvin, who is a native Houstonian, is the principal of Adams Law Firm located in The Woodlands, Texas.
Kelvin prides himself in preparing every case for trial. His excellence in the courtroom has allowed him to be recognized by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and among his peers and judges as a skilled and ethical trial attorney and a specialist in the field of Personal Injury and civil trial law. He has also been awarded a nationwide peer review rating of AV Preeminent® (5 out of 5) by Martindale-Hubbell, which is their highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
Kelvin and his trial team amassed a significant win record over many years representing several of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Additionally, he has litigated hundreds of personal injury and business cases earning millions of dollars in awards for his clients and has served as lead appellate counsel in significant appeals in state and federal court.
Kelvin is a native Houstonian and grew up in Oak Forest and Garden Oaks neighborhoods in Northwest Houston. He attended high school, college, and law school in Houston and practices law in Houston. Kelvin learned the importance of honesty, integrity and hard work from his parents who were well-respected Houston business and civic leaders.
After high school, Kelvin attended Mississippi State University on a football scholarship and completed his undergraduate studies at Texas A&M University and the University of Houston. In 1980, he was awarded his J.D. from South Texas College of Law where he graduated magna cum laude, received the E. E. Townes Award for Academic Excellence and served as Assistant Editor for the South Texas Law Review.
After graduating from South Texas College of Law, Kelvin had the honor of serving a one-year clerkship as a briefing attorney for Justice Sears Magee on the Supreme Court of Texas – our State’s highest court. After his clerkship, he became an associate at the Houston law firm of Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P., where he gained valuable experience litigating personal injury and commercial cases and handling civil appeals.
In 1983, Kelvin left Fulbright & Jaworski and moved to Bryan, Texas to form the law firm of West, Adams. Webb & Allbritton, P.C., as a founding principal. There, Kelvin spent many years representing both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury and business litigation. He also litigated and tried a large number of medical malpractice cases for healthcare providers and a leading hospital and medical clinic with facilities throughout Central Texas. Kelvin also supervised, mentored and trained at any given time from10 to 15 trial attorneys who were associates at the firm.
In 2001, Kelvin returned to Houston to join the Pharmaceutical, Medical Malpractice and Appellate Sections of Beirne, Maynard & Parsons, L.L.P., where he became a partner in 2002. He was on the trial team, which tried significant and complex product liability cases for some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies. He also served on the trial team that tried complex and high profile medical malpractice cases for Houston healthcare providers and as lead appellate counsel in significant appeals involving products liability, medical malpractice, and insurance coverage disputes.
In 2008, Kelvin Adams left Beirne, Maynard & Parsons and started Adams Law Firm to focus his legal practice on personal injury cases involving serious to catastrophic injuries and wrongful death, as well as complex business disputes. Kelvin Adams is a strong advocate for injury victims and their families and is dedicated to using his legal expertise, knowledge and trial skills to assist them in obtaining full compensation for their losses.
Education and Honors
- University of Houston, B.B.A. – Finance (1977)
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude 1980). Awards and Honors: Order of Lytae (1978 – 1980); E. E. Townes Award for Academic Excellence (1980), Dean’s List (1977-1980), and Assistant Editor, South Texas Law Review (1978-1980).
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1995 – present).
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1995 – present).
- State of Texas (1980 to present).
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas and Western District of Texas.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
Professional and Legal Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Administration of the Rules of Evidence Committee, Member (2012 – 2016).
- State Bar of Texas, Professionalism Committee, Member (1992-1995).
- State Bar of Texas, Crimes Victims Committee, Member (1993-1997).
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow.
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
- Houston Bar Association.
- The Woodlands Bar Association.
- Texas Supreme Court Historical Society.
Publications and Presentations
- “The Duty to Use Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics to Reduce the Risk of Idiosyncratic Drug-Induced Liver Injury” – (Co-authors), Drug Recall Litigation Reporter (March 2004).
- “Admitting and Excluding Medical Causation Testimony in Pharmaceutical and Toxic Tort Substance Litigation” – Houston Bar Association/CLE (2007).
- Continuing Legal Education speaker on “Admitting and Excluding Medical Causation Testimony in Pharmaceutical and Toxic Tort Substance Litigation”, “Preserving Error at Charge Conference”, and “Suing and Defending Claims by and against Regulatory Agencies for Federally Insured Financial Institutions.”
Contact Adams Law Firm today at (713) 936-2555 or Kelvin Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation, or use our online contact form, to find out how we can help protect your legal rights.